You are here:   Home


Lead poisoning can be very harmful to children. Children under 6 are the most vulnerable to the effects of lead poisoning, including lower IQ levels. Lead can be inhaled or ingested, and the level of lead builds up in a person's blood.




boy touching paintThe Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Programs (CLPPP's) goals are:

  • Educate the public about the dangers of lead

   • Assist families in eliminating sources of lead in their homes
If you think your child has been exposed to lead, that your house contains sources of lead, or if your child demonstrates any of the symptoms of lead poisoning, please call our program at 1-800-346-6520.



A blood lead test is the only way to know if your child has lead poisoning!

Click the following links for more information:
Resources / Events